Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Decided on a Midwife

So I am happy to report that I decided on a midwife. To be honest, I don't know much about her or her history as a midwife. I was referred to her by another midwife who is not currently accepting HB clients but I really liked. My midwife's name is Heather Hilton and she is the owner of Central Texas Birth Center in Georgetown. She also assist at HB.

So far what I like about her (I have only had one visit) is her laid back younger personality. She takes a hands-off approach to birth and believes in letting your body work by itself. She shares my faith, which didn't enter my mind for my first birth but I wished that it had. She did reassure me about my first birth experience and I was trying to share all the facts and not embellish. She believes, had I been left alone to listen to my body's cues, I would have delivered at home successfully. Her office is nice and staff seems sweet. 

I have my first prenatal appointment with her tomorrow and have more questions to ask her but I am confident at this point we will get along fine. I am excited to finally have someone to talk to about this birth that will be supportive and accepting.

I will report back tomorrow about our appointment.

http://texasbirthcenter.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment