Monday, June 11, 2012

The Goal

I have learned a lot over the last 9 months. At the end of the day as I sit here writing, the biggest lesson I am taking away from this experience is this:

IT IS NOT ALL ABOUT THE BIRTH!!!

That being said, I did have a good birth experience, but even with a perfect one, I forgot about the end.

MY SON!!!

I can't express enought about this lesson. Whether I had a c-section or a VBAC, time passes and the memory fades. What doesn't fade is the child you have brought into this world.

I sit here with my newborn son resting at my leg and the memory of the 45 minute dance marathon my older son preformed for us before his bedtime and I can't help but just smile. Smile for the joy of children. My children. God is so good to provide us with such an example of His love for us. As parents we get so much joy is seeing our children grow and flourish. They get stronger and smarted day by day and the love that you give them manifest itself into pleasure for you to enjoy. I don't love Josiah less because he was born via c-section nor do I love Aaron more because he was born naturally.

My point is this:

Children are the goal of birth, not birth.

That being said, I still believe in trying to achieve a wonderful birth experience and I am so excited for my future as I prepare to become a childbirth educator. This lesson will just help me to help others remain focused on keeping the main thing the main thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment