Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Remembering Why I Am Doing This

So I love watching "A Baby Story" and "Baby's First Day" and sometimes I see the woman who choose to get pain management drugs and they are so calm and enjoying every second like it was just any other day and I think to myself, "Why am I doing this again?". Then I remember the complications of drugs and putting me and my baby int he hands of a doctor who is most likely taught there is no connection between problems in labor and drugs. I see over and over again on these shows when inductions go wrong, when a "routine" epidural causes decelerating, when Cytotec is used without care of the horrific risks to the mother and baby. I also see the occasional "all natural" birth. There is usually a point when the mom to be just feels like she can't do it. I just love the moment when that baby comes out and she forgets everything and is just in ecstasy over what she has been given and what she has accomplished. I know that will probably not be very helpful in the heat of labor but I do know that when that baby is put on my chest, I will know that it was worth all the pain. I just can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment